can't delete a phishing email from inbox; windows shuts down immediately
a phising emial has come into inbox of windows mail and I can't delete it. When I highlight this email, in anticipation of deleting it, windows mail shuts down immediately
Solutions to the Problem can't delete a phishing email from inbox; windows shuts down immediately
It seems that the computer is infected with a virus, from the email.
Let us work together to delete the email and clean the computer of viruses.
I would like more information from you.
Please answer these questions:
1. Are you referring to Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail?
2. Which email ID is configured with Windows Mail?
3. Do you have any anti-virus installed in the computer
Here’s what you can try:
Method 1: Let us delete the email first.
I request you to log into the email ID, using the web browser and try to delete the phishing email.
Then log into Windows Mail and check if the changes are reflected.
If the email is deleted, then I request you to follow this method:
Method 2: Boot the computer in Safe Mode and run a full virus scan.
Download Microsoft Safety Scanner, boot the computer in Safe Mode and run a full virus scan.
Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state.
Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.
Follow the link below to learn how to do so.
Run a full virus scan and check if the issue is resolved.
The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free-to-download security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
It works with your existing antivirus software.
Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded.
To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.
Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.
Please get back to us with the results.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error can't delete a phishing email from inbox; windows shuts down immediately
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: can't delete a phishing email from inbox; windows shuts down immediately:
How to Fix can't delete a phishing email from inbox; windows shuts down immediately with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Satellite A205-S5833 Supervisor Password Utility v.18.104.22.168C r2 driver,How to Download Toshiba Satellite C675-S7104 Laptop Checkup v.22.214.171.124 driver,How Can I Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L655-S5117 Face Recognition v.3.1.3 driver,Method to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite L845D-SP4328KL Atheros LAN Driver v.126.96.36.199,How to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite R930 Network Device ID Registry Setting Tool v.188.8.131.52 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.184.108.40.20686,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.220.127.116.110,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.18.104.22.1689,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.22.214.171.1245,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Can't escape Safe mode in Windows Vista SP2. [Anwsered],Fast Solution to Error: Can you calculate on correlated combo boxes in Microsoft Access 2007 - or doctor them so that you can?,Fast Solution to Problem: can i set a program to automatically run as administraor,Tech Support: can i transfer my files from dead computer to new computer,Can't get my Favorites - Favorites button opens to History instead [Anwsered],Can I safely remove earlier versions on my pc,Can I rotate a graph so it shows on my page sideways?,Can I safely ignore Office file validation alert message?,Can I send a JPEG file in a PDF form ?,can I review when my computer has been accessed from outside my home?