CPU Sometimes Spikes to 100 Percent When Streaming Media
When I'm viewing an online video or streaming Internet radio, more often than not my CPU will spike to 100 percent and slow considerably and stay there until I pause the video or audio.
I've only experienced the problem for the past week.
It is the same
when using IE or Firefox.
I've downloaded Process Explorer and most of the action is in the svchost.exe programs.
The Task Manager program shows to be running at about 20 to 40 percent when the CPU spikes.
When I boot in Safe Mode, I don't experience any problem.
I also don't experience any problem when watching a DVD or listening to downloaded audio.
I'm running a new HP G71 with 64-bit Windows 7.
I've tried system restore, but the symptoms remain.
updates are up-to-date as well.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Keys to the Problem CPU Sometimes Spikes to 100 Percent When Streaming Media
I think I stumbled across a solution.
I had my power options on Power saver and noticed that the Maximum Frequency on my CPU was dipping into the 30 percent.
I changed my fan setting in the power options to active instead of passive.
About two hours in,
and there have been no recurrences yet.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error CPU Sometimes Spikes to 100 Percent When Streaming Media
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: CPU Sometimes Spikes to 100 Percent When Streaming Media:
How to Fix CPU Sometimes Spikes to 100 Percent When Streaming Media with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.
Related: How Can You Update & Download NVidia 6100, 6800 GS/XT Display Driver v.260.89 WHQL,Where to Download NVidia GeForce 8800 GT WHQL-certified driver v.196.21,How to Update & Download NVidia GeForce Go 7400 Display Driver v.260.19.12,[Solved] Download NVidia GeForce GTX 460M Driver v.331.82,Download NVidia Quadro Plex Model IV VGA Driver v.304.43 Certified,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100C(L) Driver v.5.01,Way to Download RealTek RTL8100E Drivers v.694,Way to Update & Download RealTek RTL8101L Auto Installation Program v.6.110 driver,Method to Update & Download RealTek RTL8111G PXE and RPL ROM code v.2.58 driver,How to Update & Download RealTek RTL8411B(N) Driver v.10.003,Best Way to Update & Download ASUS A53SV nVidia Graphics Driver v.126.96.36.19986,Method to Herunterladen ASUS K75VJ Intel Rapid Storage Technology Treiber v.188.8.131.520,How Can You Update & Download ASUS CG8580 Intel Chipset Driver v.184.108.40.2069,Method to Update & Download ASUS K41VD Intel INF Update Driver v.220.127.116.115,Way to Update & Download ASUS Pro70T NB Probe v.3.0.0026 driver
Read More: Troubleshoot:continuously pops up with the message that my Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) is disabled Error,How to Fix Problem - Consolidate tiles or apps to a personal folder.?,Control Window not appear for Bluetooth Device [Solved],Fast Solution to Error: Crashes in Excel 2007,[Solution] corrupt WMP windows 7 evrything I try to install get corrupted, plus compatablity problems,Closing Internet Explorer causes error,Compare 2 Tables and Calculate the PROFIT Faster,Computer goes to Windows Boot Manager after Start,Connect to one of my network computer remotely when don't allow exception box Marked,computer locking up randomly