Does IE7 or IE8 support the *progressive* display of JPEG progressive transcoded images?
Does IE7 or IE8 fully support the *progressive* display of JPEG progressive transcoded images? I've seen on blogs that as of IE2.0, they are partially supported--meaning that the browser displays the image all at once instead of progressively. Also,
I see that it is supported in Windows 7:
From my own testing, IE7 and IE8 appear not to support the progressive display of progressive transcoded JPEGs--they are displayed all at once after the entire image is downloaded instead of progressively.
I'm looking for someone else to confirm--does IE7 or IE8 fully support the *progressive* display of JPEG progressive transcoded images?
Keys to the Problem Does IE7 or IE8 support the *progressive* display of JPEG progressive transcoded images?
Welcome to Microsoft Answers.
Most of the recent browsers support progressive decoding for JPEG, PNG, and GIF image formats.
As very well mentioned in the article above, make sure that the image file is encoded as a progressive image. Hence, check with those images which are encoded as
progressive image to see this feature in Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) or Internet Explorer 8.
Otherwise, those images cannot implement progressive decoding even if the file format supports it.
If you have Windows 7, you already have the built-in codec that supports progressive decoding.
So you wouldn't need a different codec for the same purpose.
I would suggest you to check once more with the correct type of images to experience this feature in IE in Windows 7.
H - Microsoft Support
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum
and let us know what you think
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error Does IE7 or IE8 support the *progressive* display of JPEG progressive transcoded images? has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Does IE7 or IE8 support the *progressive* display of JPEG progressive transcoded images?:
How to Fix Does IE7 or IE8 support the *progressive* display of JPEG progressive transcoded images? with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: Way to Update & Download SONY SVE14A2X1EH Wireless State Device driver,How to Update & Download SONY SVS1511X9RB Graphics Driver for D2 (Intel) v.9.17 - 184.108.40.20628,Method to Download SONY VGN-CR290N Realtek High Definition Audio Driver v.220.127.116.1133,Download SONY VGN-FS710/W Utilities DLL Update v.6.4.0.06290 driver,Method to Update & Download SONY VGN-NR460E/P Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver v.18.104.22.16847,How to Fix Error 0x0000c1f5 Solución?,Error 0x80071a91 Win7 Fix Patch,Error 0x800ccc60 Windows Live Mail [Solved],Error Message 0x800ccc79 Outlook 2000 Fix,What is Error 0xc1ab0001?,[Answered] x64 saplugin dll,How to Fix Problem - Kb943729 Download?,Troubleshooting: Bccode D1 Error,Java Runtime Tech Support,Troubleshooting: ERROR NO SUCH GROUP Error,Solution to ashoutxt.dll Missing Error,Solution to cxcore096.dll Missing Error,Where can I Find dsauth.dll File,How to Fix msde.dll Not Found Error,Best Method to Fix psizewizres.dll Error
Read More: Troubleshoot:Download problems: Updates for MS.NET Framework 4 ...(KB2604121) won't install (error Code 66A) and an unavailable network resource problem when downloading. PLEASE HELP!! Error,Solution to Error: Disk Defragmentation speed,Does having a large number of folders, videos and pictures on the desktop affect bootup and or performance? [Anwsered],Troubleshoot:Dose sims3 work on Windows8,Troubleshooting:Drag & Drop does not work on Dell XPS laptop after installing win 8.1 Error,Data validation question. Maintaining and updating named ranges.,Desktop Gadget Gallery on Windows 7,delete empty rows,Deleting a page and also how can I copy an exact page lay out on a new page,Date Formula for 1st Sunday of each Month (3rd to 9th)