automatic filling in of table columns
I have a question about word.
I have a table and in the first,second and fourth cells I have some numbers.
So my question is if you can make word fill in the third and fifth cells by itself, so actually make it do some math, like in excel.
And the fifth cell should automatic be written in "currency".
Anwsers to the Problem automatic filling in of table columns
Word tables can handle some simple math, but don't expect full Excel functionality.
You didn't specify what calculations you had in mind, but let's assume you wanted to add the first two cells and put the sum in cell 3, then multiply cell 3 times cell 4
and put the product in cell 5 and format cell 5 as currency.
Here's how you'd do it:
Click in cell 3.
Click Insert>Quick Parts>Field>Formula (a separate gray button).
A dialog box should open with "=SUM(ABOVE)" (the default choice) already filled in.
Just click OK.
Click in cell 5.
Click Insert>Quick Parts>Field>Formula.
When the dialog box pops up, replace "=SUM(ABOVE)" with "=a3*a4" in the Formula window (but without the quotation marks).
Before closing the dialog box, click on the down-arrow next to the "Number format:" window.
Choose the format you want from the drop-down list; the third option (starting with a $ sign) is the standard currency format.
Select the entire table and press the F9 key.
That will update all your fields.
Note that Word will not automatically accommodate changes like Excel does; for example, if you add a row after row 2, your generic "SUM(ABOVE)" formula will still update correctly, but the specific cell references ("=a3*a4") in what was cell 5 (now
cell 6) will not yield the results you expect; you'll have to adjust the formula manually.
Use Word's own Help files for more details on how the formulas work in Word.
Hope this helps.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:
- Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
- A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
- On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
- Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
- For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
- There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
- After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
- Check again to see if the error automatic filling in of table columns has been fixed.
If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: automatic filling in of table columns:
How to Fix automatic filling in of table columns with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?