All the catagories on my control panel have disappeared
I am using windows 7 and have had it installed since it was 1st on sale.
Suddenly all the catagories on my control panel have disappeared .
As far as I am aware I haven't done anything, but can't remember the last time I used it.
Also windows explorer does
not respond, so I have to close it down and usually give up and find what I am looking for by some other means.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Original Title: Control Panel problems
Anwsers to the Problem All the catagories on my control panel have disappeared
· Is it just the categories (Large icons or small icons) that have disappeared or the items in the control panel are disappeared?
Step 1: Boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists.
Start your computer in safe mode
Step 2: If the issue does not occur in safe mode, you may put your system in clean boot state (in normal mode) to troubleshoot the issue.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to put the computer to start as usual as mentioned in
Step 7 in the above KB article.
I would suggest you to try performing SFC (System File Checker) scan
on your computer and check if the issue still persists.
To view how to perform the
SFC Scan click on the link provided below and follow the Kb article steps.
Also check in event viewer and see what is causing the issue.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: All the catagories on my control panel have disappeared:
How to Fix All the catagories on my control panel have disappeared with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open