Assign a name to a value in a range
I have a table like this:
A B C
0 11119999 AVAILABLE
11010101 11210199 AVAILABLE
11210101 11210299 NISSAN
11210201 11210399 COMERCIAL
11210301 11210499 SERVICE
In column A starts the range and in B ends the range of values that have to be grouped by the name in column C.
I have 70 ranges like this and I can't use If function.
What I need is to find the name that corresponds with the value.
I've tried lookup with no success.
Is there a way to do this?
Thank you so much for your time.
I really appreciate it!!
Solutions to the Problem Assign a name to a value in a range
If this the sort of result you are looking for?
where B9 holds the formula,
which first attempts to find the value in A9 within column A and returns column C.
If not found, it attempts to find the same value in column B and return column C.
If still not found, it return
The formula in B9 can be filled down as required.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Assign a name to a value in a range:
How to Fix Assign a name to a value in a range with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: [Solution] Auto_Close Macro to automatically save & rename read only document,How to Fix Error - Automatic Window Update v Trusteer Rapport security software?,[Solved] Automatically copy and paste a function to the next cell,[Solution] Attempt to access Adobe Photoshop and I get this message: Attempt to access invalid address.,How to Fix Problem - At times mymsn home page does not load proper see 3183.00?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?