Aero and Peek features stop working.
I've tried to reach customer service regarding this but every time I type in my Windows 7 product ID to reach help it says "There was a problem with the Product ID. Please re-enter..." and I can't get anywhere.
Anyway, I just upgraded to Windows 7 a few days ago. I noticed that the transparency and peek features stop working after a while. Sometimes it's for a day, sometimes only a few hours. I have made sure all options are checked regarding Aero in the Performance
and Info Tools control panel. The only way to get these features to work again is to reboot the computer.
Here are my computer specs: HP a6755y. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. 6GB RAM. AMD Phenom 2.2Ghz. ATI HD3200 video card.
Please help! It's very annoying. Thanks.
Anwsers to the Problem Aero and Peek features stop working.
I would go to the HP website and see if they have any updated drivers for your ATI HD3200 video card.
Be sure you get the right driver for Windows 7 64 bit.
If they don't have an updated driver, you might check with ATI.
You might also check out a clean boot to see if there is any other software that might be conflicting and causing a problem.
Use the KB article for the steps in a clean boot.
KB 929135 - How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Hope this helps.
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Aero and Peek features stop working.:
How to Fix Aero and Peek features stop working. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,How to Fix Error - Getting an error "not connected to the internet" while trying to install Samsung Kies?
,How to Fix - Internet Explorer shuts down and reopens tab when attaching to email or uploading files.?
,Fast Solution to Problem: Sending Error Message
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshoot:After a Windows 8 Update, my system is stuck in system restore and a blank screen. Error,[Anwsered] Adding days to calendar and omitting sat and sun,Fast Solution to Problem: After I updated Win 8 on HP Envy m6 it stopped recognizing the boot disk ??,How to Fix - after a complete reinstall of windows7 and all updates I cannot highlight any link of short cut icon..all demand a proper program..?,Fast Solution to Error: ads to right of my e mail inbox,a file called mDNSResponse.exe. is causing bonjour not to operate properly,what should I do?,A QUESTION USING THE "IF'S" Formula.,A continuos flashing window with which title is C:Windows\System32\cmd.exe, and has the following message: The syntax of the command is incorrect.,Acrobat compatibility issue and you tube problems____,ActiveX on IE 9 not loaded